This is me for now...

My photo
Lover of all things romance and happily ever afters! NO HAPPY ENDING DONT GIVE IT TO ME TO READ! I recently started my own story have it on a few websites you can check them out over to your right. So if you like to chat about books I'm your friend. :)

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Angels' Blood

Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Angels’ Blood
Being introduced to a new author is all ways a challenge for me, But the girl at my bookstore said this was a must read. “If you liked J.R. Ward then you will definitely like Nalini Singh.” She said to me. She talked so highly of this book and had such a glow on her face when she was telling me about the book that I just had to get it. I’m easily stirred when someone is excited to tell me about a book.
Now to the reasons of why I like this book. I love her descriptions of the Angels and their wings. I also love the different ethnicities of everyone; the book definitely has a lot of people from various cultures. I like the romance between the Archangel Raphael and Elena the hunter after about 100 or so pages the hunter lost her bitchiness and became more likable.
The reasons for the 4 stars is I know this was a urban fantasy romance story but I would have preferred her say it was just a urban fantasy because there wasn’t a whole lot of romance between the two but I have to admit there were some good tension I would have liked it better if the author would have left the gruesome details out of the killings by one particular angle. What he did to the humans made me a little nauseas at times. I would have more preferred the details of Raphael and Elena’s romantic moments. What I couldn’t understand during the ending battle was where were all the other angels why didn’t he have help I thought that they mention in the beginning that it was agreed they all were going to kill the bad Angel. But then again I could have forgotten something I due tend to read fast sometimes. ☺
One more thing I have to say about the battle was that it was great and full of excitement. Over all it was a very good story with some wonderful surprises in the end. I will be defiantly be reading the next book to this series.
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you dont have anything nice to type dont type it... Thanks lots of love! Meme