This is me for now...

My photo
Lover of all things romance and happily ever afters! NO HAPPY ENDING DONT GIVE IT TO ME TO READ! I recently started my own story have it on a few websites you can check them out over to your right. So if you like to chat about books I'm your friend. :)

Monday, November 19, 2012

A Heart Not Easily Broken♥♥♥♥

A Heart Not Easily Broken (The Butterfly Memoirs, #1)A Heart Not Easily Broken by M.J. Kane
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ok first off I have to say this... To all moms with girls please talk to your daughters about sexual abuse and about being safe and thinking with you head first instead of your heart. Not all guys are trustworthy always go with your gut filling and please please girls girls talk to your moms, don't hold anything back and never be afraid to tell on someone no mater what they hold over your heads, having heart ache and going through a trauma is not something to be held inside TELL TELL TELL someone!!!

Ok not that I got that out... this was a wonderful I/R story, a short read but good nonetheless... This story was about a woman with goals and an agenda set for her life. College, job then become wife and mother... It was also a story about a man with similar goals, he is a hard working man with two jobs one to pay the bills and one to lead the way to his dream job as an musician. As they both work toward those goals there worlds collide and wham!

They were and awesome couple to read about. There growth from friends to lovers was so endearing and wonderfully done they made me smile a lot. I loved Ebony she was confident and sexy and sweet and loving and a very easy going, a person I could see as a close friend. Brian was H.O.T. of course they always make you fall in love with the men, but really I loved them both equally they were a well matched couple. I loved that he was hard working and I loved how the author incorporated what they actually did for a living. It was so neat to actually read about a Man that did gardening for a living it totally gave me a different look on it. You don't think about the gardner going to house to house and the muscles that end up aching from the day of mowing lawns... Ebony sure enjoyed it after there second meeting and he showed up at her house to do the lawn the shirt off the sweat dripping down his body sure did change her tune about him..lol There relationship was so sweet and so believable the insecurities, the trust, the love making, it all just was wonderful to read.

The only problem I had and the reason for the 4 stars is the whole interracial issue I admit I got her concerns and all but its really 2012 going 2013 nobody really cares anymore other than family which she did make that as the main issue as to why she was scared to date him but to be honest I could have done without that being a problem in this book there love story was so good it didn't need that in the background. I'm just so over it in romance books don't get me wrong I know its still out there but its just not necessary in fiction ya know? I mean I do want my fiction to have something believable but the whole race issue thing is just old I mean played out....

All in all a wonderful read the drama was good the thing that happen to Ebony was written in the story well I just hated the way she handled it because she was such a strong confident and smart girl It was just hard for me to except the way she kept it all to herself and then When Brian found out I wanted to knock his ass out... first things first men if you trust your love of our life listen first then think I mean really listen and watch... yeah he didn't do that and that hurt the most had me crying yeah there was a boohoo moment....

Well I have said(typed) more than enough my hands hurt. Good book loved it. Will I read the next one? Probably just to see what Brian and Ebony are up to. The next book is supposed to be about her best friend and I'm not sure about reading about her she came of a lil selfish and high maintenance for me... Ok now Im done blabbing...


Well here is my couple and theme song 'Don't Be Afraid' By Mya Happy Reading...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muLWTf...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you dont have anything nice to type dont type it... Thanks lots of love! Meme